Friday 8 July 2011

Circles close

Evening down town, and I eventually caught up with Annabel for a delicious organic coffee and spelt scone at Genes (Annabel's very good at locating excellent coffee shops, I've found). 
Lovely to hear about the remaining 3 weeks of La Commune after I'd left Banff, and see photos of everyone's work at a subsequent open studios and final group  residency exhibition. Hopefully these connections will continue to grow and paths interweave. 
Yesterday I was talking to other artists, at the IVSA reception, who had met (UK/Canadian connections) at a Banff program a few years ago and continue to collaborate with occasional residency opportunities between continents. The conversations continue.
So that was one circle closing, and the other was my tradition of Chinese food and trying a new kind of tofu (crispy rolls) to begin a circle new. I remembered arriving in the city (2 weeks and 2 days my stay will have been) and wonder how different my journey here may have been if I hadn't been put off by my heavy bags from going and finding a Chinese restaurant to 'land' when I first got off the greyhound dragon bus, and mounted the sky train.... Nice to close this way this circle, and know that it will open or close many more to come.

 

No comments: